Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Wisdom laughs at the foolish

Today as we continue our study of wisdom, we see that wisdom laughs at the foolish.

24 But you turned away from me when I called out to you. None of you paid attention when I reached out my hand. 25 You turned away from all my advice. You wouldn't accept my warning. 26 So I will laugh at you when you are in danger. I will make fun of you when hard times come. 27 I will laugh when hard times hit you like a storm. I will laugh when danger comes your way like a windstorm. I will make fun of you when suffering and trouble come. 28 "Then you will call to me. But I won't answer. You will look for me. But you won't find me.

Proverbs 1:24-28

Discussion

  • Wisdom is speaking here to people who have turned away from wisdom and rejected wisdom.
  • When wisdom is laughing at these people, it is mocking them and kind of saying "Ha ha, I warned you that would happen."
  • There are a few times that wisdom will be laughing:
    • in times of danger
    • during hard times
    • during really hard times (like a storm)
    • during suffering
    • during trouble
    Would you want to be laughed at in those times?
  • In those times, these people will be looking for wisdom but won't be able to find it? after they rejected true wisdom, they'd be looking for wisdom in the wrong places.
  • Do you think it's better to accept wisdom to begin with?

No comments: